SHED sampling bags
Besides our regular bags we can also deliver SHED sampling bags. These bags are used for Sealed Housing for Evaporative Determination (SHED). Please send us the specifications of the required bags. Also please specificy the following so we can quote you the right price:
- Which foil do you need? Tedlar, Kynar® PVDF, Multi-Foil or Nalophan
- What are the required inside dimensions of the bag
- Which type of fitting do you require? Polypropylene, PTFE or stainless steel
- Which connection should the fitting have? We can deliver/ produce custom made fittings.
- How many bags do you need?
- Does the bag need eyelets? If so, how many?
- Do you have a drawing or picture of the bag? If so, please send it with your request
If there are any questions please let us know.
What is SHED?
SHED stands for Sealed Housing for Evaporative Determination. To measure the hydrocarbon emissions of cars, motor bikes and car components SHED test chambers are used.
The permissible emission limits and the verification procedure are stipulated by the legislators (EU, EPA, CARB, NSCN). The vehicle manufacturer must prove that the legal limits are complied with for the vehicle to be approved. Low background emissions are an important requirement for conclusive test results. In accordance with the EPA/CARB/EN standards, the limit may not exceed a value of 0.05 g. Our bags meet these specifications and are available for different SHED chambers such as the micro-SHED, min-SHED and drive-in SHED.